Louisiana Personal Injury Attorney Brian Dragon Car Accidents - Commercial Truck Accidents - Slip and Fall - Medical Malpractice - Premises Liability - Wrongful Death
When someone else is negligent and you are hurt as a result, it falls under the umbrella of Personal Injury Law. Personal injury lawsuits hold negligent parties accountable for the physical trauma, pain, and suffering they inflict on another person.
Though some personal injury claims seek settlements or jury awards for the loss of something that is irreplaceable--for example, a limb, an ability (such as walking), or in worst-case scenarios, a life--they serve a useful purpose. If you were in an accident and it was obviously someone else's fault, you are still responsible for sizable expenses incurred by your ambulance ride, E.R. treatment, surgeries, therapy, medical equipment, lost wages, and lost earning potential. If the party who injured you carried insurance, remember: the insurance adjuster is not on your side when it comes to figuring your settlement.
Contact Attorney Brian Dragon If you have questions or you wish to speak to an attorney about your situation, please contact the Slidell, Louisiana Law Office of Brian A. Dragon today at (985) 718-1222, or via e-mail.
It's critical that you consult a knowledgeable attorney in any serious personal injury case; if you don't, you are gambling with your financial future. By filing a claim for monetary damages, you can focus on recovery instead of worrying over mountains of medical bills.
St. Tammany Parish Personal Injury Law: Common Misconceptions
Without an attorney in St. Tammany Parish, you could make any number of critical mistakes:
- You might be intimidated by growing medical bills and accept a settlement offer before you know the true extent of your injuries.
- You may not account for every possible current and future expense when you're figuring desired amounts.
- You may accept the insurance company's first offer, not realizing that a skilled attorney may get you a better settlement.
- You may decide not to consult a personal injury attorney because you believe doing so will cost more money in the long run.
- You may say something to the adjuster that obliterates your chance of a healthy settlement.
Compensation for Medical Bills, Lost Wages, and Ongoing Care
In the State of Louisiana, common personal injury claims involve car accidents, semi truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice, and premises liability. If your injuries are serious, filing a claim is not a matter of greed, but need. Recovery is an expensive business, especially if you're too injured to work.
St. Tammany Parish Attorney Brian Dragon skillfully represents people who are hurt in:
- Car accidents Collisions and crashes involving cars, pickup trucks, SUVs, convertibles, and minivans
- Truck accidents Eighteen wheeler, tractor trailer, and commercial truck collisions
- Pedestrian accidents Accidents involving joggers, walkers, runners, bicyclists, and skaters
- Premises Liability Slips, falls, dog bites, and accidents due to hazardous conditions on someone else's property
- Medical Malpractice Misdiagnosis, failure to diagnose, negligence, switched medications, surgery errors, overdoses, and nursing home abuse
St. Tammany Parish lawyer Brian Dragon also represents the families of those who have lost their lives because of someone else's negligence.